When the word trekking comes in our mind, the first state that pops in our head in Himachal Pradesh. Himachal Pradesh is an incredible Indian state which attracts the attention of thousands of tourists every single year. The state has some very beautiful trekking spots. One of the most travelled and popular trekking destinations is Hampta Pass.
The Hampta Pass trek starts from Manali (Rambagh Circle) and goes through some very captivating landscapes, grasslands, wonderful water streams and fabulous valleys. Manali is a resort town which is very beautiful. Here you will experience the great hospitality of the local residents. The culture of the Manali region is very vast. You will surely enjoy your time here.
Hampta Pass Trek is a major highlight is every mountain lover’s career. Hampta Pass is a small pass between the Lahaul valley and Kullu valley and stands at an altitude of 4270 meters in the Pir Panjal range in the Himalayas. The trek serves as a balcony view to a unique world with its variety of vibrantly colourful wildflowers, snow-capped valleys and captivating backgrounds.
Highlights of the Hampta Pass Trek-
- Serene views of the Pir Panjal Range.
- An ultimate chance to camp near the picturesque, alpine high altitude lake.
- Become evident of the beauty of the Hampta Pass.
- Captivating views of Lahaul and Kullu valley
- Crossing rivers, dense forests, and beautiful bridges.
- Get very close to nature
- A chance to visit nearby places
Best Time To Visit-
For an ardent trekker, any time is the best time to do this trek. But for an ordinary person, the best time to trek Hampta Pass is from mid-June to mid-October. In these months you will witness little showers and flowers bloom. During these times the weather remains pleasant and perfect to beat the summer heat. Rain is expected during the monsoon (from July to September) in the Kullu and Manali, but in Spiti, the sun shines bright.
Hampta Pass trek is preferred for both first-time trekkers and experienced trekkers. The trek offers a variety of landscapes. And gives you a chance to experience some of the best scenic views of forests, mountains, rivers, and lakes. You will also get a chance to explore the culture and traditions of the locals. If you plan to do this trek there are several ways to reach its base point.
By Air: The nearest airport for Hampta Pass trek is the Kullu Manali Airport (Bhuntar). You can take a direct flight from Delhi and other major cities like Chandigarh or Mumbai and reach Bhuntar.
By Road: Manali is well connected to all the major cities. You can easily get a direct bus or taxi from Manali
By Railways: At a distance of 166km Joginder Nagar railway station is the nearest railway station from Manali. You can take a direct train from major cities like Delhi and reach Manali.
- Keep your surroundings clean.
- Pack light and carry minimum but useful stuff
- Carry all your necessary medications with you along with basic medicines that are required for mountain sickness, motion sickness, headache, anxiety and other possible situations.
- Keep your body hydrated throughout the entire journey.
- Please take care of your own luggage.
- If you are travelling in a group, Do not wander off on your own.
- Carry all your necessary documents like photo ID proof, signature ID proof, voter ID, tickets etc.
- Always carry some go-to snacks to munch upon like energy bars, protein bars and other snacks to fuel your energy.
- Consult your physician to know if you can undertake this trek or not.
Things to carry
- Thermal inner wears and Thermal inner pants
- Comfortable trekking pants
- Fleece jacket, Down jacket and Waterproof windbreaker
- Pair of woollen socks and Waterproof gloves (2 to 3 pairs each)
- Toiletries like a Small bottle of shampoo, Facial mist, Moisturizer, toilet paper, body wipes, face wipes, toothpaste and toothbrush
- A warm hat, Sun cap and monkey cap
- Sunglasses and sunscreen- to fight with the sun rays
- Portable charger and power bank
- Lip balm and wipes
- Trekking gears like a Sleeping bag and tent
- Trekking shoes and a trekking pole- must bring
- Headlight and flashlight with extra batteries
- First aid box with all the necessary medicines